Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Lounge
 The Back Room
 Vacation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2016 :  2:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay did anyone go out of country or in country on a nice family vacation ?

My Mom took my brother his wife, sister and her husband and me and my wife of course. We went to Dominica Republic Punta Cana I think it was called for a week in a all inclusive hotel Majestic Elegance really nice. I have had the chance to stay in a couple of these now mostly in the Cancun and surrounding areas. The one's in Cancun were just a little bit nicer but they also had more to see in the area.

Dominica Republic seems to be a much poorer nation but they do have democracy and open election's and the hotel we stayed at was top notch. All the beaches we went to were nice with the clear blue water at all but the beach at the resort was great. You didn't have to walk a block to get to shoulder depth water more like 50' which made it easier for me to enjoy.

I talked to another family that went on a half day fishing trip and they were able to catch 10 Dolphin Mai Mai i think they are called and just missed a Swordfish. All ten minutes from the launch how great is that all on a half day trip I will give that a try if I get another chance to go there this time of year. I read that from January to March thousand's of Humpback Whales go there every year and they have good guides to take you to out to see them.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the all inclusive hotel's the dining the pool's and the beaches are great. If you never did one you need to save up and go you won't regret it.

The cost for 7 day 6 night's all inclusive trip's like these seem to all run just under 3000.00 for two people with air fare and round trip ride from and back to the airport and even the insurance to me a real value for the money.

I recently bought a used R/V and plan to see more of our United States planning on going to see the Grand Canyon and the Yosemite National park .

Any suggestion's on routes to try or places to see along the way would be appreciated. Just need to make a few improvement's/repairs and were off.

Just trying to keep the Forum active and as always looking for advice.

Thanks in advance to all if anyone wants to know more about my trip's just ask.

Good luck to all on your next trip!

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2016 :  7:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gary...you just hit one of MY BUCKET LIST VENTURES...taking a RV following the Mississippi River to International Falls, Minnesota. Then drive the U.S./Canada border to the Pacific Ocean. Drive the entire western coastline down to (but NOT INTO) Mexico and return through the deserts back to home---4-6 weeks!!!??? John Castelluccio, Jr. PS...very little time for fishing???

OLDER SUV and house, STILL HAVE new boat-'06 Avenger, Semi-retired-'10, soon to get "new-wife" BUT MAY CHANGE MY MIND and THEN 'MIGHT NOT BE' in debt for the rest of my life! Now & 4-ever!!! Been a member on R&R since 09-21-1999
Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow John that would be a great trip/route just not sure if my current equipment is up to that sort of challenge. Planning on making a couple short trip's this year to test the vehicle it's a 95 Conquest with new tires and brakes. Almost everything in working order need to fix a couple electrical issues cruise not working and the radio probably a fuse I can't find just yet. The other is my generator dies when you turn the A/C on the A/C works fine with shore power just have problems when running on the gen. Not the end of the world just thing's I need to fix before setting off on the road.

I will certainly keep that route on my list and post on how my short trip's go.

Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  09:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year we took the whole family ,kids,grandkids...on a cruise...western carribean.Sorta pricey but everyone has things to do that they like,from the 9 year old to the "college" student.Lots of tours in each port.....days at sea for family time. Thought we might do it again but getting everyone together proved too much this year. We have settled for a bus trip for the wife and I.Going to Georgia for October fest with a group from Ochsner "Golden Opportunity".About a week.....should be fun,with a great group of folks!!!

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2016 :  09:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first vacation with my Mother was on a cruise ship and it was nice. But seemed to be to rushed when going on excursion's not enough time to shop for souvenir's. Or anything else you had to be back at a certain time.

I really like the all inclusive hotel's all the food and drinks are included drinking c***tails , Daquri's or beer in the pool bar or brought to by the waitresses while still in the pool or on the beach. Lot's of fun for all ages!

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000