Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Lounge
 safe boating
 Boating in all Conditions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Secret Formula

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again we're about to have the duck season open where we'll have an increased number of small boats leaving the launch well before daylight regardless of the weather conditions. To all of the RnR duck hunting readers, please use your best discretion when deciding to depart the launch before each hunt. Make sure all of your equipment is in good working condition, know and follow the rules of the road and don't take any short cuts when it comes to common sense. Wishing everyone a safe and successful season. ARRIVE ALIVE and live to hunt another day.

Fret Not, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  07:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good advice Secret,I used to leave the dock to go fishing well before daylight,as most duck hunters do. Its become too congested for me to continue to do so. Not to mention that the old eyes and reflexes ain't what they used to be.

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

Secret Formula

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Henry,
Every year and several times a year I see hunters departing in the small boats we use in the pitch dark, wind blowing 15+, no PFD's on, wearing heavy clothes and boots, boat loaded to the max, with and without running lights…and all I can do is pray for them. The least little thing goes wrong, and they'll all become statistics. It's a wonder that it doesn't happen more often.

Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  9:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently God has a soft spot for we fisherman,hunters and other fools that run around before daylight.

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

Secret Formula

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  7:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad he does Henry, because I too am one of them, and come Saturday I'll be burning gas a solid hour before sunrise.

Go to Top of Page

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  8:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the line that sends chills up and down my spine "He's been doing this all of his life, He knows what he is doing !"

when i die bury me deep, put a bucket of bait at my feet, put a rod and reel in my hand and i will fish my way to the promised land !!!! remember we did not inherit these resources from our parents, we are merely borrowing them from our children
Go to Top of Page

Secret Formula

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  10:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ed,
You are so right. It's like the old phrase; practice makes perfect!…..wrong!!!! Perfect Practice, makes perfect!!!! I know people that have been practicing for years and still don't have it right.

Go to Top of Page

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  10:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I duck hunted the Mississippi Delta area for almost 30 years, Steeles bayou, Tallahatche River, Coldwater River, Yocona river, Hardin Point. there were no roads and I would burn 6 gallons of gas thru a 9.8 merc a day. I wore out 3 float coats, those were the greatest thing since sliced bread, those float coats allowed no wind thru that floatation, I kept my down jackets in a black garbage bag and would change when I got to where I was hunting. during this time I hunted primarily flooded timber, flooded pin oak flats. and a few bean fields. it was a blast. but we were safe

when i die bury me deep, put a bucket of bait at my feet, put a rod and reel in my hand and i will fish my way to the promised land !!!! remember we did not inherit these resources from our parents, we are merely borrowing them from our children
Go to Top of Page

Secret Formula

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2013 :  07:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ed, you are right again on the float coat. Back in the day i had a camo one that was made by Stearns, that thing was unbelievably warm. I gave it away to my buddy's grandson years ago when he started duck hunting. I think he's still using it.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000