Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Debates
 Bassmaster Classic LA
 Bassmasters Classic LA.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

Frank Martin

USA
352 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  01:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These fisherman are hesitate to come back down here and fish because of the public vs. private waters for one and also the lack of fresh water. I am a life member of this since 86. Their fisherman were shot at also but they don't have the respect you need to fish down here. Even though your 40yds from somebody wharf SLOW DOWN . If you passed downed their street at a high rate of speed I'm sure they would have a fit. Some of them just don't seem to know what courtesy on the bayous means. Still I think they ought to give us another chance

wkdboatr
Average Member

USA
304 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  09:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my dad lived in a camp on camp canal at the time of the "shooting". we were friends with the man who shot the shotgun. he didnt shoot at the boat rather he shot in the air to get his attention. the boats were flying by his camp for a couple days and he had had enough. what he did was WRONG, but both parties were at fault. the camp is no longer there so there wont be a problem if the tournament ever did return! id like the classic to return, but id also like the fish caught to be returned to the area they were caught. not sure where they release the fish with the weigh in being in the superdome? westwego?
Go to Top of Page

Frank Martin

USA
352 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  09:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand about the shooting no one was shot at they just get peoples attention down here doing that. Thats a good question!
Go to Top of Page

ed mcintyre
Administrator

USA
6938 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  09:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
katrina kinda put the hurt on most of the camps in south plaquamine parish. what got me were the camps that survived katrina did not survive ike! there was one camp just off of bayou scoefield that made it through katrina, and after gustav and ike it was not there anymore.

remember we did not inherit these resources from our parents, we are merely borrowing them from our children
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000