Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-33
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-32
whale_shark_01
130 pound yellowfin tuna! Tun
Redneck Times
Sportsman's Paradise Vol 09-31
Venice Louisiana amberjack fis
Capt. Peace Small Sword Gets B
RodnReelTV.com is your Online TV Station. You can watch full length, big screen Fishing, Hunting & Diving Shows 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Great shows like Between the Banks with Bob Gourgues, Ascension Outdoors by Goosie Guice and Lyle Johnson, Paradise Louisiana with Gary Rispone, Joe Macaluso and Don Dubuc and spectacular Diving Features by Captain Al Walker.

The next TV show could be yours. Take your video camera with you and shoot short fun clips or create an entire show and put it up on RodnReelTV.com for the world to see. Watch for our contest with some great prizes. Visit RodnReelTV.com today and often, you never know what or who you might see.

RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sportsmen's Gear Forum
 Ethanol Folder is OPEN!
 Where is the Ethanol Free gas?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  9:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to get Ethanol free gas today,could not find any in Harrahan,the three stations I tried were OUT. Tried station on Airline Dr.,they were closed,out of business!
Where is best place in Old Metairie to get Ethanol now???
Tks.

Henry Bonck

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2015 :  09:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have a Race Track the two by us have no ethanol ?

Good luck to all on your next trip!
Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2015 :  10:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where are these Racetracks. I'm in Metairie near Bonnabel Boat Launch.
Thanks

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2015 :  3:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found a station nearby,Murphy's on Transcontinental one block south of West Esplanade. Very small with one set of pumps.....low price,think I paid $2.65 or therebouts.One place on Jefferson Hwy was $2.99 but was out as were the others nearby(in the curve just in Harrahan).
Since I always turn left on Transcontinental from West Esplanade I never knew it was there. Do Now!!

Henry Bonck
Correction.......that's North of West Esplanade(thanks Kurt)

Edited by - hookiemonster on 05/15/2015 9:24:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2015 :  09:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in Chalmette one on Paris rd and the other new one is on Judge Perez across from Wal-mart. Why do they charge 50 cents more for not adding something is beyond me sucks. Ethanol destroy's outboards and small engines lawn mower's etc.

Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2015 :  6:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gary,I use those when heading to Shell Beach,Delacroix,etc. I was looking for someplace near home in Metairie.
I agree it sucks about the price. More for the gas plus you need to spend more $$$ for additives to try to keep it from causing problems.

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2015 :  06:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right, sorry I wasn't any help just not familiar with the area. Do the Race Tracks in your area have the no Ethanol?

Go to Top of Page

KurtS
Average Member

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2015 :  11:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hookiemonster

Found a station nearby,Murphy's on Transcontinental one block south of West Esplanade. Very small with one set of pumps.....low price,think I paid $2.65 or therebouts.One place on Jefferson Hwy was $2.99 but was out as were the others nearby(in the curve just in Harrahan).
Since I always turn left on Transcontinental from West Esplanade I never knew it was there. Do Now!!

Henry Bonck

The pumps are one one block NORTH of West Esplanade. I have gotten gas for my lawn equipment there-I get gas for my boat in Chalmette on my way from Delacroix.

KurtS
Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2015 :  9:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget about the station on airport-side of Williams Blvd near 21st St. (across from a used auto sales lot)---the station is named "STAR"! They have THREE GRADES OF NON-ETHANOL FUEL...87/ 89/ AND 91 OCTANE RATINGS. There is another NON-ETHANOL gas station on West Metairie and Roosevelt (river-side) opposite the Shell! John Castelluccio, jr.

OLDER SUV and house, STILL HAVE new boat-'06 Avenger, Semi-retired-'10, soon to get "new-wife" BUT MAY CHANGE MY MIND and THEN 'MIGHT NOT BE' in debt for the rest of my life! Now & 4-ever!!! Been a memeber on R&R since 09-21-1999

Edited by - JOHN C on 05/16/2015 11:14:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  07:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Race Track has only regular non ethanol 87 octane but Ponstien has only premium non ethanol 90 octane same price last I checked 2.65 per gallon. Both on parish road so most people can fill up on the way there and or on the way back pretty easily! When going to Delacroix or Hopedale areas.

Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  3:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE...PONSTEINS's at 3523 PARIS RD. @the corner of ST. AVIDE & PARIS Rd., Chalmette---NON-ETHANOL Premium 91-octane was $2.95/gallon as of yesterday-Saturday! John Castelluccio, Jr.

OLDER SUV and house, STILL HAVE new boat-'06 Avenger, Semi-retired-'10, soon to get "new-wife" BUT MAY CHANGE MY MIND and THEN 'MIGHT NOT BE' in debt for the rest of my life! Now & 4-ever!!! Been a memeber on R&R since 09-21-1999
Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2015 :  3:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried again over the July 4th weekend. Stations in my neighborhood OUT
Possibly demand over the holiday??
Went to the Star(?) station on Williams. They had all grades,ethanol free. I only needed regular(89 octane)which they had. $2.68 a gallon I believe. Others were closer to $3.00.This place is a few miles from me but they seem to stay busy. I didn't notice price on other grades.I mainly use regular. Go to Walmart if possible and see no difference in performance.Price there was $2.35 I think,around the end of June.

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2015 :  08:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow $2.68 for non Ethanol is a great price for right now everything non ethanol is $2.99 down here right now. So can anyone tell me why they charge us more for not adding something that cost more than the gas ??

Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2015 :  2:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Passed by that Star(?) station on Williams in Kenner last night.Did not get a real good look but I think the price for Ethanol free regular was $2.69.
According to a cashier inside(a few days ago)all their pumps dispense Ethanol free fuel. That should be regular mid grade and premium.I don't know......but is there such a thing as diesel with ethanol????

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2015 :  6:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The three grades of non-ethanol at STAR are 87 octane, 89 octane and 91 octane. This past week on Grand Isle, Bridgeside regular NE 87 oct. $3.39 and premium NE 91 oct. $3.89?! There is a Conoco station (bayside) about 1.5 miles further past the Caminada Bridge that has ALL THREE GRADES non-ethanol fuel FOR $3.04 $3.29 AND $3.59!

Don't know about ethanol laced diesel...John Castelluccio, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2015 :  7:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those prices on "the island" are not too bad. One must drive a fer piece to find another station with Ethanol Free.

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2015 :  10:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tuesday, Oct. 6th, pulled my boat into Ponstein's on Paris Rd. in Chalmette to fill-up with non-ethanol fuel. Once at the pump, there is only 'premium non-ethanol' fuel available, but noticed that the octane rating is now lowered to 90-octane @ $2.44/gallon. QUESTION: Contrary to the Racetrack stations (one hose for all grades of ethanol-fuel, one hose for non-ethanol fuel and one hose for diesel)...Ponsteins has only one fuel hose dispensing all the grades of gas including ethanol fuel. Should there be ANY CONCERN about the amount of ethanol-fuel that was in the length of hose which was pumped into my fuel system being 'pushed' by the non-ethanol fuel??? Hoping not...John Castelluccio, Jr

Edited by - JOHN C on 10/07/2015 4:21:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  10:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John,you might consider pumping the first gallon or so into your truck. That should flush out all the ethanol laced fuel.

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  6:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hookiemonster

John,you might consider pumping the first gallon or so into your truck. That should flush out all the ethanol laced fuel.

Henry Bonck

GOOD THOUGHT...did add the blue Stabil and of course appropriate amount of Ring-Free! John Castelluccio, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

hookiemonster
Advanced Member

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  10:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Stabil is to help the problems caused by ethanol do you need to use it in Ethanol free gasoline.Just curious.

Henry Bonck
Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2015 :  8:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told that it helps maintain the octane rating and 'shelf-life' of the fuel! John Castelluccio, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2015 :  10:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right John about the Sta Bil my boat never sit's unless in the shop for something but I still use it every couple month's. I also use the Yamalube which has ring free in it doesn't it ? I use the old jug to get refill's only 21 bucks last time at Blue Dot.

Go to Top of Page

JOHN C
Advanced Member

USA
2839 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2015 :  12:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seriously doubt if Yamalube already has Ring-free in it...IF SO, then Ring-free would not be sold separately! Gary, when will be 'work' on the Bienvenue locks be completed, so as to allow in-out access 24/7??? John Castelluccio, Jr.

Edited by - JOHN C on 10/12/2015 12:12:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gary Fishaholic
Advanced Member

USA
663 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2015 :  7:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure John but the number to the locks is 286 3100 they might be able to let you know. Can't wait for the to turn on in the ICW just needs to cool down a little more. I been launching at South Shore Bait and Marina my nephews place so I don't have to worry about the locks. I launched out of Eddies when the locks were closed and they didn't even say anything . That will be the last time they ever get my money. That was what I was told about the Yamalube

Edited by - Gary Fishaholic on 10/17/2015 7:06:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RodnReel.com Sportsman's Forum © 2008 Rigs, Reefs, and Wrecks,Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000